Sunday, August 17, 2014

Mass Effect - M-92 Mantis Prop

I knew immediately that I wanted to make the Cain. So I started with a Nerf N-Strike Recon CS-6 Dart Blaster and began modifying it from there. The end result took nearly two months, about 300 hours of work, and a bunch of mistakes but it looks fantastic. (At least I think it does.)

And the best part... IT STILL SHOOTS FOAM DARTS!
Yup! That's right! Because I didn't disable any of the Nerf parts, it can still shoot!

This prop was completed in August of 2012
and brought to DragonCon 2012, Wizard World New Orleans 2012 
and Memphis Comic and Fantasy Convention 2013.  

Completed Photos:


Photo by Sci-Fi Photo Guys
Photo by Atlanta Fashion Police

Supply List:

I used a  Nerf N-Strike Elite Rampage as the base.



For the transformation I used:


Reference Image:



Progress Photos:






















No comments:

Post a Comment